5 Bakewell Oven Bags for Roasting 35 x 43cm – Large
Product number: 26280
Spacious enough to hold a small-medium joint of meat, Bakewell’s Pack of 5 Large Oven Roasting Bags is a brilliant addition to your kitchen kit if you like to cook from scratch. Ideal when you’re entertaining, it’s just the job for turning out Sunday lunches for your family, and there are lots more reasons to choose these versatile cooking bags.
Not just for roasting joints of meat, Bakewell’s Oven Bags are suitable for cooking pretty much anything – fish, poultry and vegetables can all be cooked in one of these heat-proof bags. And because the bag keeps all the juices and steam inside as foods cook, your meal will cook up to 10% faster than a traditional roast, saving energy as well as time.
- Conventional roasting – Just season your roast as usual, place it in the bag and close up with one of the ties provided. Then snip the top corner off the bag to act as a steam vent and away you go. Ideal for roasting a Mediterranean medley of vegetables, there’s no need to baste the contents, and everything will brown as it cooks. If you prefer a darker finish you can always cut the top off the bag for the last 15 minutes, and, while a joint of meat is resting, you can turn all the delicious juices trapped in the bag into ‘proper’ gravy.
- En papillote – These cook-in bags are great for cooking any dish en papillote and, because you can see through them, it’s so much easier to tell when everything’s ready.
- Marinades and rubs – Ideal for any ingredient that you’d like to marinate or rub with spices before cooking, just fasten the bag around the spiced or marinated item and, when the flavours have had long enough to infuse, your oven bag can go straight from fridge to oven tray and into the oven with no need to be unwrapped.
- Microwave cooking – When microwaving vegetables, just add a couple of tablespoons of water to fresh veg and break up any blocks of frozen veg a little before cooking – there’s no need to add water to frozen vegetables – but do remember to pierce the film a few times to let steam escape.
- Freezer safe – Heat-resistant to 200°C, they’re also safe for use in the freezer, so if you like to plan ahead or buy your meat in bulk, you can bag up the joints that are destined for the Sunday roast straight into one of these clever roast-in bags and save on your use of plastic freezer bags… But do make sure the joint is properly defrosted before you pop it in the oven to cook.
Seal in juices and flavour
There’s no need to add butter, oil or cooking fat to keep things moist as they cook, so your meals are instantly healthier. These bags also keep all the splatters and splashes inside, so they keep your oven clean, and, as all the juices are kept inside the bag, your baking trays and roasting tins won’t need much washing-up either.
Please note: oven roasting bags should not be used under grills or over a naked flame.
Oven safe up to 200°C.
100% recyclable PET – naturally BPA free.
Non-wired ties are included in the pack, suitable for conventional and microwave oven cooking.
Also available in Medium and Extra Large sizes. Bakewell Microwave Steaming Bags also available.
Made in the UK.
Cooking up solutions from their base in Bedford since 1975, Bakewell are proud to make a range of cooking essentials designed to help you make good quality, healthy food in a fuss-free way for yourself and the whole family, and help keep your kitchen sparkly clean at the same time.
- Oven safe
- Freezer safe
Pack of 5. 35 x 43cm.